David and Zion, Truth UnfoldJuly 12, 2022
David is one of the most famous and most mentioned characters in the Bible, well at least next to Jesus. It is because, in David’s life is hidden many prophecies about Christ and the matter about our salvation.
Hosea 3:5 Afterward the Israelites will return and seek the Lord their God and David their king. They will come trembling to the Lord and to his blessings in the last days.
It is written that in the last days, people will seek David to receive the blessing of salvation. However, this does not refer to the physical David, the second king of Israel, but the spiritual David, who is to appear in the last days. Also the Bible prophesied through the prophet Ezekiel that David will be king over all peoples and will lead all nations in an everlasting covenant with God.
Ezekiel 37:24-28 My servant David will be king over them, and they will have one shepherd. They will follow my laws and be careful to keep my decrees…and David my servant will be their prince forever. I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant… my dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people…
The Spiritual David who builds Zion
Isaiah 9:6-7 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace, there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne…
This is a prophecy about God the Father who will be born as a child, as a son, and will reign on David’s throne. The prophecy was fulfilled by Jesus.
Luke 1:31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David…
Jesus, who is God, is given the throne of his father David. David and Jesus have a relationship of Prophecy and Fulfillment, Shadow and Reality.
Through the life and works of David, one can understand the life and the works that Jesus would fulfill for the blessing of mankind.
David Built the Fortress of Zion
Zion is the central region of Canaan. It is a small mountain in Jerusalem, where the Jebusites lived. After the Israelites entered the land of Canaan, they have conquered tribes after tribes, cities after cities, but they could not conquer Zion. But when King David was anointed King over all Israel, he conquered and built the fortress of Zion that became a military stronghold, to protect his people from enemy attacks.
2 Samuel 5:7-9 Nevertheless, David captured the fortress of Zion – which is the City of David…. David then took up residence in the fortress and called it the City of David. He built up the area around it, from the terraces inward. And he became more and more powerful, because the Lord God Almighty was with him
This remarkable work of David is a prophecy showing what Jesus, the prophetic King David, will do in the New Testament times. Just as only David built Zion, so only Jesus, the spiritual David can build the spiritual Zion.
Spiritual Zion built by Jesus through the Feasts of the New Covenant
Isaiah 33:20 Look on Zion, the city of our festivals…
Spiritual Zion is the church where the festivals of the Lord are celebrated. In Leviticus 23, we can find the appointed feasts of God.
Leviticus 23:1-2 The Lord said to Moses, “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘These are my appointed festivals, the appointed festivals of the Lord, which you are to proclaim as sacred assemblies.
- Weekly feast:
1. Sabbath (Leviticus 23:3) – 7th day of the week
- Annual feast:
1. Passover (Leviticus 23:4-5) – 14th day of first month, twilight (by sacred calendar)
2. Feast of Unleavened Bread (Leviticus 23:6-8) – 15th day of first month
3. Day of Firstfruits (Leviticus 23:9-14) – the day after the Sabbath following the Feast of Unleavened Bread (Sunday).
4. The Feast of Weeks (Leviticus 23:15-22) – The day after the 7th Sabbath after the Day of Firstfruits. (Sunday, 50th day after Day of Firstfruits)
5. The Feast of Trumpets (Leviticus 23:23-25) – 1st day of seventh month
6. The Day of Atonement (Leviticus 23:26-32) – 10th day of the seventh month
7. The Feast of Tabernacles (Leviticus 23:33-44) – 15th day of the seventh month lasting for seven days until the 22nd day.
The above feasts are the feasts of the old covenant. However, the spiritual Zion which Jesus built was established through the Feasts of the new covenant.
- Weekly feast:
1. Sabbath (Luke 4:16-17) – Jesus kept the Sabbath by reading the scroll of the prophet Isaiah.
- Annual feasts:
1. Passover (Matthew 26:17-19, 26-28; Luke 22:7,19-20, 1 Corinthians 5:7) – Jesus promised eternal life by keeping the Passover with bread and wine representing His flesh and blood sacrificed on the cross as the Passover Lamb.
2. Feast of Unleavened Bread (Leviticus 23:6-8) – (Unleavened Bread, also known as Bread of affliction) Jesus suffered and was crucified on the 15th day of the first month, after the Passover supper, in fulfillment of the feast.
3. Resurrection Day (Mark 16:1-9; 1 Corinthians 15:20) – On the first day of the week (Sunday, after Feast of Unleavened Bread), Jesus was raised from the dead as firstfruit of those who have fallen asleep.
4. Pentecost (Acts 2:1-4) – 50th day after Jesus’ Resurrection, Jesus poured down the Holy Spirit to His disciples.
5. The Feast of Tabernacles (John 7:2, 14, 37-39) – Jesus kept the Feast and promised the water of life. Jesus keeping the Feast of Tabernacles means that he kept the Feast of Trumpets and the Day of Atonement (Deut. 16:16-17)
David built the fortress of Zion to protect his people from the enemies. Likewise, Jesus established the spiritual Zion with the Feasts of the New Covenant to protect His people from the enemy, the devil, and to give them the blessing of salvation.
However, the Feasts of the New Covenant gradually changed and eventually were abolished during the dark ages according to the prophecies in the Bible. With the abolishment of the Feasts, Zion was ruined, and there was no hope for salvation.
Daniel 7:25 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws…
Isaiah 51:3 The Lord will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on all her ruins…
Without Zion and the Feasts of the New Covenant, no one could receive salvation. That’s why Jesus must come a second time in the last days as the Prophetic David to give salvation to mankind.
Hebrews 9:28 For Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
As prophesied in Hosea, people will seek David in the last days to receive the blessing of salvation. Without knowing the second coming Christ, David, who is to appear in the last days, no one could receive salvation.
Now, the Feasts of the New Covenant have been restored, which means that Zion has been rebuilt.
Micah 4:1-2 In the last days the mountain of the Lord’s temple (Zion) will be established…and peoples will stream to it. Many nations will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the temple of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths.” The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
Psalms 102:16-22 For the Lord will rebuild Zion and appear in his glory… So the name of the Lord will be declared in Zion and his praise in Jerusalem when the peoples and the kingdoms assemble to worship the Lord
Surely in the last days, Zion will be established, and peoples and nations will stream to it. People will be taught by God, and people will walk in the laws of God. The World Mission Society Church of God (WMSCOG) keeps the Feasts of the New Covenant. This means the Church of God is the Spiritual Zion rebuilt in the last days. Only the spiritual David, God, who comes a second time, can rebuild Zion by restoring the feasts of the New Covenant.
Psalms 87:5 Indeed, of Zion, it will be said, “This one and that one were born in her, and the Most High himself will establish her.”
The one who establishes Zion is the Most High himself. Christ Ahnsahnghong restored the Feasts of the New Covenant and established the Church of God, the spiritual Zion, in these last days. Christ Ahnsahnghong is no doubt the Second Coming Christ who came as the spiritual David; He is the Most High whom the people must revere and seek for to receive salvation in these last days.